Founded in 2009, Unlimint is a global FinTech company with 16 offices all over the world and more than 400 employees, that offers a large portfolio of financial services - from acquiring (payment processing) to banking and banking as a service. Our mission is to be “ready for tomorrow” and to provide our customers with a sense of stability in the everchanging financial landscape and an opportunity to be prepared for whatever the tomorrow of business brings their way, so that while others observe, they can already take an advantage.
About the job
Unlimint is a holder of various regulatory permissions in the banking and payment industry in multiple regions, including in the UK, the EU, Latin America, Asia, Africa. Further to that Unlimint is an active member of worldwide and regional payment card associations, various payment methods and networks.
As a reflection of our continued growth on global market, we are hiring a new In-House Lawyer to join our legal team.
The In-House Lawyer provides diversified in-house legal services and proactive support. The role involves managing simple and complex legal and related compliance issues in connection with Unlimint and related business interests in the UK, Europe, Asia, Americas, Africa, as well as other locations which are identified as new business opportunities.
The main responsibility is to ensure comprehensive and ongoing in-house legal coverage and related compliance coverage of Unlimint’s business and related interests in all locations where we operate or plan to work in, as well as in all business sectors of our interests. To achieve this, your role as In-house Lawyer will involve effectively working as part of a multi-national legal team, establishing performing and managing relevant legal function
processes, working closely with key stakeholders (including operational and internal control functions) across the Group.
Reporting line: In-house Lawyer reports to the Head of Legal
The In-House Lawyer within is expected to:
- Provide ongoing legal coverage concerning Unlimint’s business (EU and wider global business) as part of Unlimint legal team
- Research and provide actionable advice on legal and relevant regulatory and compliance issues in various jurisdictions and regions
- Provide ongoing coverage for legal, compliance matters, business and operational purposes of various significance levels as well as provide support of wider global business (EU and non-EU)
- Identify applicable requirements and ensure compliance with them
- Design and handle in-house projects within the legal department, and cross-departmental projects (with operational and control function units). Monitor internal statuses, implementations, provide actionable solutions and systems
- Handle/participate in various licensing processes with competent authorities
- Handle participation / membership with local and international payment systems and payment networks
- Contractual review and management of relations with banks, payment systems and payment networks
- Draft, prepare, review and negotiate various documents such as agreements, resolutions, applications, forms, questionnaires, resolutions, letters, explanations, etc.
- Draft standardisied agreements, templates etc. related to Unlmint’s business
- Draft, prepare, review and negotiate internal documents such as policies, guidelines, frameworks, procedures, manuals, instructions etc.
- Participate in and manage specialized matters involving banking and payment sector regulations, technological elements and agreements, data protection, intellectual property (organizing, research, drafting and reviewing various legal documents, presentation of solutions to stakeholders and management etc.)
- Negotiate with third parties, communicate with authorities, facilitate our business, protect and defend our interests
- Liaise with and assist other competent internal functions within Unlimint in the performance of their duties
- Manage legal matters and projects on diverse topics as part of the legal team: including employment matters (drafting and reviewing various legal documents, research etc.), legal research, guidance and advice to various functions of the company (operational and internal control functions), client inquiries, claims and disputes etc.
- Manage as part of the legal team corporate matters (establishing, recording keeping, updating, performance of necessary filings etc.) in relation to corporate structure and legal entities.
- Establish and ensure effective collaboration with third parties and external service providers (such as professional service providers, banks and other institutions, counterparties)
- Plan, structure and implement projects, management systems, deals and collaborations
- Participate hands-on in local and cross-regional team projects
- Develop and approve budgets for assigned tasks where necessary
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned
- Be comfortable with handling diverse routine legal work (contract reviews, negotiations with counterparties)
Your experience and mindset
- University degree in Law.
- At least 5 years of hands on diversified & broad legal experience, particularly at EU/EEA, UK, and international level.
- In-house legal experience in the payments/banking/financial sector is a must.
- Experience in EU/UK financial regulation is a must. Knowledge & experience in payment services and e-money regulations, including AML, data protection, consumer protection etc.
- Broad legal experience in a multinational/global organization is preferred.
- Comfort to perform both low and high-level tasks.
- Hands-on experience in commercial law, with national and cross-border contracts
- Hands-on experience with employment law and corporate law
- Legal coverage of local & international projects (including ones that are subject to special regulations)
- Able to deliver effective on-going monitoring, managing and and support of projects, agreements and arrangements
- Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision. Able to work independently, as part of a team and as team lead for projects (including cross-jurisdictional and remote teams).
- Excellent research and analysis skills. Able to analyze and present complex information clearly and concisely to various stakeholders
- Comfort to perform both low & high-level tasks
- Able to meet deadlines and comfortable with changing requirements and priorities. Confidence in decision-making and managing ambiguity.
- Legal and business-friendly judgment, skilled in building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders
- Knowledge & comfort with new technologies and the digital sphere.
- Knowledge of industry standards and (internal and external) auditing procedures
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively with third parties, counterparties, regulators
- Ability to provide commercially astute risk-based advice and recommendations for business
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills. Ability to present complex and ambiguous information in a clear manner, devising understandable steps and actions in a commercial setting.
- Strong people management and leadership skills, ability to run working groups/projects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent English is a must.
• Attractive monthly salary paid in line with experience
• Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
• Full-time: 5/2 (Saturday and Sunday days off)
• Modern workplace based in Cyprus (Limassol). Applicants based in London/Frankfurt or remotely may also be considered.
• A team of top international professionals to learn from
• Multicultural working environment
Join Unlimint Team now!
Unlimint is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.