Founded in 2009, Unlimint is a global FinTech company with 16 offices all over the world and more than 400 employees, that offers a large portfolio of financial services - from acquiring (payment processing) to banking and banking as a service. Our mission is to be “ready for tomorrow” and to provide our customers with a sense of stability in the everchanging financial landscape and an opportunity to be prepared for whatever the tomorrow of business brings their way, so that while others observe, they can already take an advantage.
About the job
Unlimint is a holder of various regulatory permissions in the banking and payment industry in multiple regions, including in the UK, the EU, Latin America, Asia, Africa. Further to that Unlimint is an active member of worldwide and regional payment card associations, various payment methods and networks.
As a reflection of our continued growth on global market, we are hiring a new In-House Lawyer to join our legal team.
The In-House Lawyer provides diversified in-house legal services and proactive support. The role involves managing simple and complex legal and related compliance issues in connection with Unlimint and related business interests in the UK, Europe, Asia, Americas, Africa, as well as other locations which are identified as new business opportunities.
The main responsibility is to ensure comprehensive and ongoing in-house legal coverage and related compliance coverage of Unlimint’s business and related interests in the UK and locations where we operate or plan to work in, as well as in all business sectors of our interests. The In-house Lawyer is expected to provide coverage of legal matters for the UK business, as well as provide day-to-day legal support to the wider global business (EU and non-EU). To achieve this as part of the Unlimint legal team, the In-house Lawyer is expected to work closely with legal teams (EU and non-EU) and with key functions within Unlimint.
The In-House Lawyer within its functions is expected to:
• Provide ongoing legal coverage for the UK business
• Provide ongoing legal coverage concerning wider global business (EU and non-EU) as part of the Unlimint legal team
• Research and advise on legal and relevant compliance issues both in the UK and overseas. Provide ongoing coverage for regulatory and compliance matters, business and operational purposes of various significance levels in the UK, as well as provide support of wider global business (EU and non-EU)
• Identify applicable requirements and ensure compliance with them
• Manage corporate matters (establishing, recording keeping, updating, performance of necessary filings etc.)
• Manage employment matters (drafting and reviewing various legal documents, research etc.)
• Manage daily legal support, including draft, prepare, review and negotiate various documents such agreements, standard terms and conditions, resolutions, applications, forms, questionnaires, letters, explanations, internal procedures and regulations, etc.
• Participate in and manage specialised matters involving technological elements, data protection, intellectual property (organising, research, drafting and reviewing various legal documents, presentation of solutions to stakeholders and management etc.).
• Negotiate with third parties, communicate with competent authorities, facilitate our business, protect and defend our interests
• Liaise with and assist other competent internal functions within Unlimint in the performance of their duties
• Establish and ensure effective collaboration with third parties and external service providers (legal and consulting services providers, auditors, and other counterparties)
• Plan, structure and implement projects, deals and collaborations
• Participate in local and cross-regional team projects
• Develop budgets for assigned tasks where necessary
• Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned
Your experience and mindset
• 2+ years PQE
• Excellent academic credentials
• Hands-on experience in commercial law, national and cross-border agreements
• Hands-on experience with employment law and corporate law
• Diversified in-house legal experience is an advantage
• Experience in the UK payments (or banking) industry is a strong advantage. Broad legal experience with international industry participants is preferred
• Effective legal & relevant compliance on-going monitoring and support of projects, agreements and arrangements
• Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision
• Excellent research and analysis skills. Able to analyse and present complex information clearly and concisely to various stakeholders
• Comfort to perform both low- & high-level tasks
• Able to meet deadlines and comfortable with changing requirements and priorities. Confidence in decision-making and managing ambiguity
• Legal and business-friendly judgment, skilled in building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent English is a must. Other languages are considered an advantage
• Attractive monthly salary paid in line with experience
• Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
• Full-time: 5/2 (Saturday and Sunday days off)
• Modern workplace based in London
• A team of top international professionals to learn from
• Multicultural working environment
Join Unlimint Team now!
Unlimint is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Your application was submitted successfully.