Founded in 2009, Unlimint (formerly Cardpay) provides fast-growing innovative tech businesses with a convenient and simple business interface that enables payments to flow freely and invisibly. From London to Singapore and from San Francisco to Sao Paulo, we help local clients enter new markets, and global businesses to explore new industries and reach new milestones.
Following the highest banking industry standards, we are dissolving the borders that have previously limited international expansion. Our constantly evolving business interface – made by innovators for innovators – is designed to make the financial world of tomorrow closer to businesses here and now.
About the job
Unlimint is a holder of various regulatory permissions in the banking and payment industry in multiple regions, including Europe, Latin America and Asia. Further to that Unlimint is an active member of worldwide and regional payment card associations, alternative payment methods and networks.
As a reflection of our continued growth on global market, we are hiring a new Lawyer to join our legal team.
The Lawyer provides diversified in-house legal services and proactive support. The role involves managing simple and complex legal and related compliance issues in connection with Unlimint and related business interests in Europe, Asia, Americas, Africa, as well as other locations which are identified as new business opportunities.
The main responsibility is to ensure comprehensive and ongoing in-house legal and related compliance coverage of Unlimint’s business and related interests in all locations where we operate or plan to work in, as well as in all business sectors of our interests
The Lawyer within his functions is expected to:
- Research and advise on legal and relevant compliance issues in various jurisdictions and regions
- Identify applicable requirements and ensure compliance with them
- Provide ongoing coverage for legal, compliance, business and operational purposes of various significance levels
- Draft, prepare, review and negotiate various documents such as agreements, resolutions, applications, forms, questionnaires, resolutions, letters, explanations, etc.
- Draft, prepare, review and negotiate internal documents such as policies, guidelines, frameworks, procedures, manuals, instructions etc.
Participate in negotiations with third parties, communicate with authorities, facilitate our business, protect and defend our interests
- Liaise with and assist other competent internal functions within Unlimint in the performance of their duties
- Manage employment matters (drafting and reviewing various legal documents, research etc.)
- Manage corporate matters (establishing, recording keeping, updating, performance of necessary filings etc.)
- Establish and ensure effective collaboration with third parties and external service providers (such as professional service providers, banks and other institutions, counterparties)
- Plan, structure and implement projects, deals and collaborations
Participate in local and cross-regional team projects
- Develop budgets for assigned tasks where necessary
- Conduct various legal projects and other duties as assigned
Your experience and mindset
- University degree in Law.
- At least 2-3 years of hands on diversified & broad legal experience, particularly at EU/EEA and international level. In-house legal experience is preferred, particularly in banking or payment industry.
- Hands-on experience in commercial law & agreements with national and cross-border contracts
- Hands-on experience with employment law and corporate law
- Legal coverage of local & international projects (including ones that are subject to special regulations)
- Effective legal & relevant compliance on-going monitoring and support of projects, agreements and arrangements
- Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent research and analysis skills. Able to analyse and present complex information clearly and concisely to various stakeholders
- Comfort to perform both low- & high-level tasks
- Able to meet deadlines and comfortable with changing requirements and priorities
- Legal and business-friendly judgment, skilled in building consensus across cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent English is a must. Russian (at least at verbal level) is considered an advantage.
- Attractive monthly salary paid in line with experience
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Full-time: 5/2 (Saturday and Sunday days off)
- Modern workplace with all necessary equipment based in Cyprus (Limassol), 10 minutes walking from the sea
- A team of top international professionals to learn from
- Multicultural working environment
Join Unlimint Team now!
Unlimint is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.