Founded in 2009, Unlimint (formerly Cardpay) provides fast-growing innovative tech businesses with a convenient and simple business interface that enables payments to flow freely and invisibly. From London to Singapore and from San Francisco to Sao Paulo, we help local clients enter new markets, and global businesses to explore new industries and reach new milestones.
Following the highest banking industry standards, we are dissolving the borders that have previously limited international expansion. Our constantly evolving business interface – made by innovators for innovators – is designed to make the financial world of tomorrow closer to businesses here and now.
About the role:
Underwriting analyst will review and complete underwriting and credit analysis of applications by applying sound underwriting judgment and adhering to company policy. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing merchants from a risk, regulatory and compliance perspective.
Part of this role is also to facilitate the Company’s growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimization and automation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to Company and Card Schemes rules and policies
- Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
- Perform underwriting and risk assessment (including but not limited to credit risks) of new and existing customers
- Perform calculation of the financial risk exposure and the relevant risk mitigation measures
- Setup processes monitor and execute checks related to merchants on-boarding and monitoring
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize merchant on-boarding and monitoring process
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders with regards to new and existing merchants questions around merchant on-boarding
- Provide support for periodical reviews and audits
- Continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
Main qualification, skills and experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in merchants underwriting
- Understanding of AML, KYC, PCI and Internal Controls
- Knowledge of Card Schemes rules and regulations in relation to merchants onboarding and monitoring
- Solid practical knowledge of credit risk assessment
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Able to work in an independent way, while at the same time being a strong collaborator, connecting with colleagues and sharing ideas to improve effective teamwork
- Take initiative, ownership and committed to challenging the status quo
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication. English fluency required – other languages (such as Russian) are an asset
- Analytical skills to identify and assess potential fraud and compliance issues
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment. The ability to escalation when appropriate
- Attractive monthly salary paid in line with experience
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Full-time: 5/2 (Saturday and Sunday days off)
- Working place in one of our modern office in Limassol, Cyprus
- Visa support, relocation support if needed
- A team of top international professionals to learn from
- Multicultural working environment
Join Unlimint Team now!
Unlimint is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.